This guide is very important. Please read.
In the game, at at least level 7, you go to a dungeon called The Presidio. There, you meet a person locked up in a cell. He says you're a lot like your parents, and that he sailed with your parents for years. The companion is actually chosen at the beginning of the game. How do you get the companion you want? This guide will help you!
In the beginning of the game, Boochbeard and Gandry ask you how your parents died.
The choice you make will determine which Presidio companion you will get later on in the game. (Note: They are all recruited at the same level.)
- Giant Squid: Birgus Latro: Crab Thug: Buccaneer - Vengeance Strike
Promotion 1: Crab Bodyguard Promotion 2: Crab Soldier Promotion 3: Crab Champion
- Lost: Lucky Jack Russell: Dog Pirate - Privateer- Blade Storm
Promotion 1: Dog Privateer Promotion 2: Dog Corsair Promotion 3: Dog Windjammer
- Mutiny: Dead Mike: Undead Pirate: Buccaneer - Riposte
Promotion 1: Undead Revenant Promotion 2: Undead Avenger Promotion 3: Undead Vindicator
- Armada: Gaspard de Vole: Guinea Pig Guard: Buccaneer - First Strike
Promotion 1: Guinea Pig Buccaneer Promotion 2: Guinea Pig Mercenary Promotion 3: Guinea Pig Halberdier
- Thunderstorm: Milo Greytail: Rat Brigand: Swashbuckler - Cheap Shot
Promotion 1: Rat Rapscallion Promotion 2: Rat Scoundrel Promotion 3: Rat Plunderer