Aquila is a world in Pirate101 and is one of the later worlds visited in-game.
HistoryEditLong before the events of Pirate101, Aquila was home to a massive empire (referred to in current times as "Old Aquila") ruled by the Eagles. The empire spanned much of the Spiral that exists today; however, as time went on, the empire began to crumble, with several nations declaring their independence from their avian overlords. The final crushing blow was dealt with the coming of the age of King Minos- his rule signaled the end of what was once the greatest nation in the Spiral and the birth of one of the most fearsome beasts in all of Aquila- The Minotaur! By the time of Pirate101, Aquila is but a shadow of the great world it once was- Vulture pirates plague the Skyways, countless monsters- Cyclopes, Manticores, Minotaurs, Ettins, Centaurs, Satyrs, Shades and the living dead -live in the wilderness (often plaguing travelers) and the snake-like Ophidians still hold the advantage over the Eagles in the war for Troy, which has dragged on for the past 10 years.
Though Aquila has fallen to pieces (more or less), there is still some glory that exists in this world. The Aquilans are famous for the finest cuisine in the Spiral, their warriors are the finest that there is and countless heroes are known and celebrated throughout the area (chiefly among them Hawkules, Eagilles and Ulysses, to name a few). Another famous face in the land is Argos- keeper of one of the seven pieces of the Map to El Dorado.
- Valencia has been trying to recreate their home in the image of Aquila, intending to create an empire that surpasses the old Aquila in every single way.
- Aquila is a remake of Ancient Greece and Rome.
- Aquila means "eagle" in Latin.
- There is a constellation named Aquila.
- Aquila is also in Wizard101; however, it is an optional world full of bosses that can cheat in fights.
- The word Aquila also sounds similar to the word agua, which means water in Spanish language.